Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Yayay! Happy 28th Birthday to ME!!... wait what?!!

How did I get here... 28?! Just yesterday I was 18... 21... 25... 27...

I mean 28 is TEN years after high school, it is FOUR years from my mothers age when she had me, it is TWO years away from 30!!

The journey to 28 has been a whirlwind of ups, downs, twirls & ....curls?! The ups are amazing, the downs are great lessons, the twirls are unforgettable and the curls, well let's just leave the perms out of this one! :) So many great memories, friends, experiences... I am so excited for 28 & beyond because it can only mean more, more memories, more love in my heart and more happiness :)

This weekend (although one of my more low key birthday celebrations) was one of the best!

Friday afternoon I received a text from my BFF LoBakes (formerly LC) that she had snagged a last minute flight in from NYC and to get the bottles of wine ready for an all night gossip sess! Hooray! I hadn't seen LoB since her July nuptials... this was a much needed reunion!

We like to keep our reunions very classy :)

BK Lounge style w a little wine on Christmas plates... ummm YAY!
Saturday morning came entirely too quickly, especially since we stayed up until 4am chatting & drinking! I believe my Facebook status was a pretty good indication of my feeling both mentally & physically that day... "Is it never good to drink an entire bottle of wine the night before your birthday dance party... Trying to pull it together in 5...4... 3..." :)

Thankfully, Tequila Monica called late afternoon to go get dinner before we hit the town! It was a very much needed filet that I indulged in... unfortunately there are no photos of this classy meal because I was already embarrassed enough by the way I looked that I didn't need to be "that person" photographing their meal.

But Tequila didn't mind... her NY Strip.
I was home just in time to dye my hair, shower & secure my fake eyelashes before heading downtown to meet up with friends at MGM! We made the center bar "U + ME Drink" our home until the need to dance took over :)
Jerseylicious earrings :) a must!
Jessica & I @ U + ME Drink
All the girls!
BFFs
Taking a break from dancing @ V
Typical :)
Post dance party USA... us girls were hungry! So after explaining to LoB, who "really wanted to go to Comerica Park for a hot dog" that it wasn't baseball season... we decided on American Coney Island.

I can honestly say, there is no better way to spend a birthday... than sitting with your BFFs in a coney island, with a dozen Santa's on a bar crawl, hot wing sauce all over your face, laughing while they make fun of your taste in men... all while knowing, there is no other place you would rather be at that moment :)

Before the wing sauce face.


On Sunday, my actual real life birthday :) I woke up to wishes from all my friends & family, a rendition of happy birthday from my parents & puppy kisses from Valentina!

Later that day, Tequila and I got margarita's cantaritos & enchilada's to celebrate the day!

A perfect ending to a wonderful weekend, so now all I can say is bring on 2012 and a fabulous 28th year!

xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a fun birthday! Nothing like spending it with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete