Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Very Parade Co. Christmas!

Today was our annual tradition of silliness... the staff Christmas party extravaganza!!

We kick off each party with food, of course! This year, I went in on desserts (Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles) with a co-worker... but I will admit that next year I will probably return to cooking! It was kind of sad not waking up early this morning to make something :(

At our post Parade staff meeting we drew names for our Secret Santa... I again, chose Arlene, our Director of Costuming! Last year I had her & made a super colorful snowman fleece blanket (so cozy)! So this year I opted for a gift card & chocolates... you can't go wrong with either :)

NEW this year, in recommendation from Arlene, we each brought in 2 secret wrapped gifts for our blind auction. Each staff member received $500 clownie cash to bid on items!! I brought in my favorite bottle of wine (Barefoot Sweet Red) & a childhood classic, The Sandlot on DVD... "Shhhh you'll wake the beast!!!"

Last night I enjoyed a glass of my Sweet Red while wrapping them (of course) in leopard pink paper!!


I must admit, I made out pretty good in the gift department today!! :) See below!!



The bottle of Three Olives CAKE Vodka in the Lions bag & Color Ice Cream Cones are from my co-worker Steve for my Birthday!! (Which is on Sunday)... The pretty purple scarf & good smelling Florida orange organic soap is from my secret Santa Amanda (our Tour Intern)... the T-Pain Microphone is my winnings from the blind auction, which I won for $200 clownie bucks!! I traded my remaining $300 to my co-worker Don for the Bath & Body Works "Fireside" Candle, which he won from a co-worker who re-gifted it because she hated the smell (which I love & purchase often... SCORE)! Oh and the Olive Garden gift card is from our seasonal Costume Fitter... unlimited soup & salad anyone?! :)

I am so blessed to work at such a fabulous place, with fabulous people!! YAYAY!! What a great way to kick off Birthday weekend & Christmas! :)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment