Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Here comes the bride...

In one month from today, my fabulous friend Lauren is getting married to her fav Charley!!

Me and the giggly, freckled faced LC have been friends since sixth grade. We met in band (yuck), played softball together, made it through her sleep walking phase together, graduated from Western Michigan (almost together) and have lots of crazy memories in the books... together.

After a brief job with AAA, LC left Michigan for the more glamorous NYC. She now works for Juicy Couture and lives in Hoboken!! Where she met and fell in love with the adorable Charley or CB as I call him!!

Two weekends ago, she flew back to Detroit for her wedding shower!!

The heat was on to find her the perfect gift. I will admit I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to gifting.... sometimes I put too much thought into it and stress myself out, but in the end all I want is something great & meaningful that my friends can treasure & really use!!

After weeks of researching, debating & shopping... I finally decided!! Lauren & Charley took beautiful artsy engagement pictures and when I saw this frame, it totally reminded me of their personalities!!



I know the angle is odd, but it shows the great detail of the frame under the glass, which is really what sold me on the purchase!! I wrote a letter to LC & CB to put in the frame until they chose a photo (which prompted tears from my dear friend... love ya girl)!!



I also found a special gift for Charley!! Last November, during our friends Lindsay & James wedding weekend, I found out that Charley (who is originally from Jacksonville and has the best accent ever) used to do Civil War reenactments!! How fun!! So a few weeks prior to the shower, when I was up north, I came across this amazing grill lighter!! It just screamed LC & Charley & Sweet Home Alabama!! :) Everyone who had met Charley before and knew of his acting career, was dying of laughter...


In addition to both the frame and grill lighter, I wanted to give LC & CB something that would be helpful in starting their new lives together, especially since they will not receive the physical gifts from their shower until after their wedding (when LC's parents drive them via UHaul to Hoboken)!! So I opted for a little instant gratification for them... with a gift card :)

It is truly wonderful to share in such a special day with such an amazing friend!! I am so happy for both her & Charley... and I can't wait to celebrate on July 15th when this crazy city girl marries her southern gentleman!!

Lauren, Lindsay & I :)
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment