Monday, June 20, 2011

Sabbatical

I hope you understand, it's not you, it's me... I have to say goodbye... for awhile :)

Today started crunch time at The Parade Company, as we prepare & produce our "largest trans-border pyrotechnic display in North America" (thank you Sarah from our sponsorship team for the tagline) and VIP Rooftop Party, which is just a week away!!

2010 "Celebrate the Spirit" Fireworks
There are two times a year when blogging will take a sabbatical... this being time #1 and #2 will come in the fall, when my life becomes nothing but America's Thanksgiving Parade. So before I disappear (until June 29th) I wanted to share some randomness that is my life!!

1) My emotions are running wild - I literally cried last night during an episode of Jerseylicious (seriously can't Gigi & Frankie just get back together already?!!)!! I tried blaming the fact that I had 3 glasses of Barefoot Sweet Red Wine (which is my new obsession) but the truth is, I always get super emotional around event time. So much so that an hour later while watching Saddle Ranch, I literally had to tell myself to grow up during a wedding proposal...ugh

2) My OCD is CURED!! - okay that's a lie. Let me rephrase. My HOME OCD is cured ... for the moment. Now that I only have the time & the energy to be organized at work, my house becomes rather unlivable (to me)!! As I watched my shows last night, I cringed at every commerical break when Valentina would shake & dog hair would go flying everywhere... because I know I won't be vacuuming anytime soon. It's just too much work between the laundry, packing, finding a babysitter for V and keeping myself fed... ugh

3) When it rains, it pours - I took it easy this weekend (minus Saturday night when Monica & I had our monthly dance offs at Delux) so that when event week kicked off, I would be ready to go. Completely positive, with a smile on my face... but I guessed I missed the memo on testing my stress levels today!! With three (3) wet sections of hair left to blow out, my hair dryer decided to die and without a standby (poor planning), I became flustered. I hurried to get dressed after make-shifting my curling iron into a dryer | straightener (one for one) that I didn't realize until my morning budget meeting that both the sweater & leggings I put on had mini holes in them (one for two)... classy CarolAnn, real classy!! Then as I waited in line at the overly crowded gas station this morning, an old man in his Yukon came within centimeters of backing into the corner of my Jeep... I swear I probably scared all the pump patrons with my horn blowing skills. (I am giving myself two for three because I still waved & smiled at him to say "it's ok"). So I think that's passing, right?!... ugh

4) Ahhhhhhhh!!!! .... I just needed to get that out... ugh :)

Tarma from Real Housewives of OC and I pouting it out in 2010
So as I will miss my time writing, I am excited to bring smiles to millions as we light up the sky in Detroit next Monday!! This will be my sixth VIP Rooftop Party & Target Fireworks!! Woo Woo!!

I will be sure to keep great notes of the amazing one liners, 3....2.... moments, and any other great occurrences (like being locked in a porta potty by a golf cart) that always seem to get us through with smiles on our faces... to share upon my return!!

I'll miss you Pink :)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment