Monday, April 30, 2012

Closet Bedroom - 90% Complete

I made it! Whew!

In all honesty, I am not sure I truly anticipated the time, injuries, and hard work it would take to finish my new & improved, "closet bedroom". I started the project on a whim, on March 24... it's now a month later & I just began moving in the furniture. Looking through the photos, from start to completion, I really can't share my excitement enough, that I DID THIS! No help from friends or family, just ME :)

A little history, before I share the photos... when Tequila moved out last April, I quickly turned her room into a "closet bedroom"... it was freshly painted (thanks girl!) and easy to throw some racks & shelving into. However, as it was the smallest room in my house, I quickly outgrew it's space. When Amelia moved out in June, I knew I wanted to eventually move the "closet" into that vacated space, but Parade season & winter laziness definitely left me unmotivated.

Fast Forward.

Room Before #1 - Dark  Matte Paint, Light Blue Ceiling & Trim & Navy Carpet

Room Before #2

Room Before #3

Step #1 - Paint Ceiling White

BEHR Premium Plus Primer in Garden Wall

Goodbye Navy Carpet!!

I cut the carpet into strips, because LBH, I am not a muscly meathead :)

Moment of Truth!!

YAYAY!! They look decent!!!

This is where things get ugly & boring... womp womp!!

Need a closer look?! UGH!

I do not miss this!

Tack Strip & Staple Removal

Final Painting Step... The Trim!!

NOW, here is where things get AMAZING!! Is it sad that I could stare at my hard work all day?!! :)


How good do those floors look?!!

A little bummed about the missing trim, but it's hide able :)

Still debating what to do with the closet door...paint, stain... ?

YAY!! Missing - Rug

For the record, I carried those wooden towers up from the basement, BY MYSELF! :)
My legs may or may not have felt like they could fall off after...

Missing: Full Length Mirror!!

Missing - Bench or Chair, oh & blinds & curtains!! :)

I can't wait to add more things & get all my clothes moved in (my laundry piles are disgusting, I should really hire a maid)!! And truthfully, I am excited now to do the same to my current bedroom, which suffers from the same ugly navy carpet! Woo Woo!!

xoxox

1 comment: