Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Product Love!

I don't want to brag, but lately my hair has been runway good. Victoria Secret model good. It's amazing.

In honor of it's magnificent waves, that more often than not get me asked if I'm wearing a weave, extensions or even a wig, I've decided to share a few more of my favorite products... (you can find my other favs in this post).

For starters, my new fav curling iron! Which isn't really new at all... was on my Christmas list like 4 years ago and has been sitting in my bathroom drawer this entire time because I didn't quite know how to perfect it's use... until now!! YES!!

Hot Tools 2" Curling Iron

It's so amazing, that while in Chicago this weekend I introduced it to Brianna, who went and purchased one on Monday!! Everyone should own one, no joke!

Another fav product is Wool Shake 08 by Redken. I wasn't quite sure why I was buying it, maybe because I was intrigued by it's name and the fact that it's a gel that you shake into a liquid before spraying... but nonetheless discovered it's fabulous!! I use it post waves, to create volume and texture; I would say the texture is the real reason (because I think I have enough volume).


Oh & big plus, it smells pretty :)

The reason I say I have enough volume is thanks in part to this product... which weirded me out a bit that it warns to not use with heat (okkkk? no.) but I am glad it had a warning, although I didn't obeying it & stuck the dryer a little too close but quickly realized, they meant business! Despite having to hold the dryer a little further than normal now, it's a great root lifter & light, which is perfect!


Guts 10 by Redken

This next product works wonders for second day hair, which luckily I rock all the time. Seriously, sometimes my second day hair is so much better than my just styled do! Must be those good hair genes, thanks mom & dad!!

I've tried quite a few dry shampoo's but this one trumps them all! And thank you to my Ulta points for allowing me to fall in love fo' free :)

Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible
Volumizing Dry Shampoo

Now lastly, this isn't hair... but this weekend I am standing up in my friends wedding. Catholic ceremony at 1pm and reception in the evening... so I need my make up & hair (both of which I am doing myself) to stay all day & night!! So I purchased this sample from Ulta (only $10) and fingers crossed, will have a perfect MAC Force Field in every photo!!! (PS I know "MAC Force Field" is meant to negatively address women {or strippers} but I am embracing it...)

Urban Decay All Nighter 
Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

In closing, I must applaud the cosmetic & hair companies on producing sample sizes! I personally find myself testing out products I typically wouldn't because I don't have to invest in the full price for something that I may not like (and LBH, I am not big on returns). I have a greater respect for the companies selling samples; like Redken, Urban Decay, Tarte... someone in their marketing departments are doing it right!! :)

Happy Beautification Peeps!!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment