Monday, May 16, 2011

Bowling with Big Heads!

This past weekend, The Parade Company hosted it's annual Bowling with Big Heads fundraising event. The night consisted of bowling, a special performance by Dianna Ross (a very diva Diana Ross impersonator) and of course our famous papier-mache Big Heads!!

My assignment for the night, was competing against my coworker Steve, to see who could sell the most raffle tickets. Not one to be outdone, I had recruited a few of my friends to help me sell tickets to guests. Monica, Marilena and I, creatively dubbed "The Girls Team" :) were responsible for selling raffle tickets for a pretty cool Detroit Tigers giveaway (game tickets, signed ball by Jhonny Peralta, and a $250 gift card to The Post Bar). We competed against, none other than, The Boys Team, which was my friend Patrick and Steve who sold 50/50 tickets.


As if there was any doubt, the girls team dominated, winning me a copy of Office Space (which surprisingly I have never seen)!

Woo Woo!! The Girls Team!!
Oddly enough, I have worked at The Parade Company since May of 2005 and have never once tried on one of our Big Heads!! So once guests began departing, my friends and I decided to model Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross and some ostrich's!! I chose to model Diana Ross, because we both have big hair, but after wearing her for 20 seconds I had to take her off because I felt claustrophobic... like a bad scene of SAW!! YIKES!!


Monica & I; these heads each way about 20lbs!

Marilena & I getting ready for an ostrich race!!
It was a great night and I feel so grateful to have friends that will volunteer their time on a Friday night!! I am sure you will see more of them as they always so graciously step in to assist me with my events!! :) THANKS guys!! 

xoxox






1 comment:

  1. Oh you know I'm standing in line to help with any event! I love TPC and CAB!

    ReplyDelete