Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Time marches on

It's already Tuesday evening and I am still recovering from my weekend :) I guess that's what happens when you say goodbye to your early 20's!! Or maybe it's just because I haven't been much of a social butterfly these past few months, thank you Michigan winter!! Ugh.

I previously blogged about my Friday evening spent at the Bowling with Big Heads fundraiser, but I neglected to mention that after closing down the fundraiser, I managed to talk my friends into going downtown to one of my favorite bars, Delux! Monica and I stayed until close, drinking Miller Lite, obeying our rule "no hands, no hands... just dance!" (we don't like the random men grinding on us... so we tell them you can dance in front of us without hands!!), chatting up our fav bathroom attendant and stealing glances at our fav bouncer (whom we never talk to but love to look at).




I ended up sleeping in until 4pm on Saturday!! When I finally woke up, I had just enough energy to shower and go tanning... I figured all the dancing the night before qualified as a good enough work out! Later that evening I met Monica and some friends downtown again, at a local Irish bar, Old Shillelagh. I got there at 10pm (relatively early for the downtown crowd) but already the bars were jammed with people from the Hoedown & Tiger's game. There was plaid everywhere!! 

Again we found ourselves on the dance floor... which is always my fav place in any bar (as long as the DJ is decent). Apparently I was dancing so intensely that a few misfortune things happened :)

A man came up to me, thinking he wanted to dance with me and obeying "No hands, no hands" rule, I brushed him off. Thank goodness he was persistent, because when he finally got close enough for me to hear him, he yelled "Ummm is this your phone?" WHOOPS!! My little blackberry couldn't handle my moves and flew out of my jacket!! Thank you random party man!! 

Then about an hour later, and I can't believe I am writing it for the whole world to see, my Victoria Secret (multi-wear) bra strap completely broke!! LAME!! I was forced to sneak into a corner outside the men's bathroom (the girls line was insane and the boys were too drunk to pay attention to what I was doing) and with the help of Monica convert the situation into a halter!! Yi ya yi! These crazy dancing skills of mine!! :)

Monica & I ended the night at One Detroit Coney Island on Woodward... where we were greeted by off duty DPD officers frisking & checking purses!!



On Sunday my friend Amanda & her band Annabelle Road performed at the Hoedown!! Like always, they were fabulous!! Their energy is amazing and they didn't let the rain bring them down!! I totally recommend checking them out on iTunes or buying their CD here.




It's sad when you wake up and realize you're not as young as you once were... but I had such a great weekend that sore hips, a broken bra strap and chipped blackberry weren't going to bring me down!! :) I love Detroit nights :)
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment