Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where to begin...

I had the most amazing weekend!!

Well...actually it didn't start that way... I was so busy this week packing and working, that I neglected to realize until Friday morning that Kapler (yes that little monster I blogged about early) was missing!! Since TUESDAY!! I woke up Friday morning at 7am to get ready for Indianapolis and for the 3 hours before my road trip, I searched the neighborhood, shook her treat bag while calling her name, said prayers through tears... and nothing :(

My co-worker & friend Jessica and her friend Leigh came to pick me up around 11am for the 5 hour trip to Indy. I had to leave without knowing if Kapler was locked in someone's garage, hiding from all the storms & rain Detroit received or (gulp!) gone forever!

We arrived in Indy Friday evening... after settling in the hotel... we met up with the Art Staff from The Parade Company (who arrived Thursday to begin set-up of our fabulous float we made for the Indianapolis 500 Festival Parade) for dinner.
Jessica, Leigh & I at dinner.
After dinner we all went to (apparently an Indy favorite) The Slippery Noodle... personally, I am not a fan of this bar, which is Jazz & Blues, not because of the music, but because I am not used to being at a bar with 50-somethings hitting on everything that breaths... the set-up is a little weird as well, as I was told it used to be a brothel. All that matters though is that the alcohol was flowing and the company was good!! So a very successful night out indeed!!

Saturday morning (ugh... the hangovers) we headed out to the Indianapolis 500 Festival Parade. The day started a little gloomy, but by the time the confetti cannons were shot, the opening performance by Kellie Pickler & military flyover... the sun was shining!!

The Parade Company was commissioned to built a float for the Festival... Dave & the Art Staff did an amazing job! The float had great animation, color and music... and won the Chairman's Award for Best Float! Go TEAM Parade Co!!!
"500 Miles of Memories" Float, produced by The Parade Company
I was also happy to see two Michigan bands in the Parade, including one not far from my Alma Mater!! Way to rep Mitten!! The Parade also included all 33 Indy Drivers... Danica, Helio and my personal favs Dixon & Franchetti of Target Racing (although since I wasn't a racing fan until Sunday, I didn't know they were my favs yet), as well as Omar Miller, Florence Henderson, Anderson Cooper, Jillian Michael's, REO Speedwagon, Shaggy & Scooby Doo and Yogi & Boo Boo Bear!! :)

Grand Marshal, Anderson Cooper

Yogi & Boo Boo, Picnic Basket & Bush produced by The Parade Company
Saturday night was the Snake Pit Ball! Jess, Leigh & I started off in the 500 Festival hospitality suite... the only three people left with 2 tubs of beer, a dozen bottles of wine and appetizers... SCORE!! We then took a limo (literally 3 blocks) to the Indiana Roof Balloon with our 500 Festival friends!! We arrived just in time for airbrush tattoos and a fabulous performance by REO Speedwagon!!

Getting WILD in the 500 Festival Hospitality Suite

Limo arrival on the checkered carpet... fabulous!

Airbrush Tattoo "Start Your Engines"

REO Speedwagon
After the Ball... we headed back to the Hilton for an after party... where we met a cool cat named Fred, who told me I had "smiling eyes" and to stop by his booth at the race in the morning and he would have David Uhl (the artist of the official race poster) sign copies for us! Another SCORE!! :)

We turned in a little earlier than normal for a Saturday night, but we had a big day ahead of us!!

Stayed turned to see how this girly girl became a racing fan!! :) ....

xoxox

OH and PS... while at The Noodle... my roommate Amelia text messaged me... "She's back! and I am feeding her tuna fish!!" I practically lost my balance in excitement... that little monster of mine will be on house arrest for quite awhile... the power of prayer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment