Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

This passed weekend was Mother's Day... so Valentina (my almost 2 yr old Golden Retriever & Australian Shepherd puppy) and I packed up the Jeep and hit the road to gamma & gampa's house!! Thankfully gas prices have been on the decline, although $4.29 per gallon is no walk in the park!!

V and I arrived on Friday, after stopping off at some of our favorite shopping spots; Francesca's Collections, Great Lakes Crossing & the Doggy Bakery! We bought some great summer necessities: colorful flip flops, country clutches, maxi dresses & doggy ice cream :) Oh and we sang at the top of our lungs to Jason Aldean & my new obsession The Band Perry "You Lie" with the sunroof open... Yayay summer is almost here... for good!!




Friday night my parents and I went to a little restaurant in Lupton. After a delicious dinner & ice cream (score!) I introduced them to Mario Brothers Wii... and it was definitely a roit!! It took us over an hour and they each went through 45+ lives but we finally made it to & beat the first level!! The laughs, screams and Luigi suicides were hilarious... and a great start to a fabulous weekend!!

Saturday I accompanied Andrea & her fellow Red Hatter Wanda to Gladwin to a scrapbooking store, unfortunately we drove an hour on country roads and found an empty store front... but that didn't stop us from exploring what G had to offer... we found an apple orchard, a farmers market, and a river walk with cute shops (where I fell in love with a super cute nautical Donna Sharpe bag with a red jeweled anchor... unfortunately I thought I could get a better deal online & passed on it's purchase :( and now I can't seem to find it anywhere.... lame but lesson learned)!

Saturday night I stayed up until 3am to make a surprise breakfast for Andrea. My Auntie Florence's Famous French Toast Casserole required overnight refrigeration and Andrea was still up playing Wii (I think I created a monsta!!!) ... finally I think she had enough of Mario & Luigi and went to bed!! I snuck out to the garage fridge and grabbed my ingredients... because I was paranoid I cracked & beat the eggs in my bedroom and crept around the kitchen on my tiptoes :) Hilarious... but it was all worth it... YUM!!





Finally it was Sunday morning!! Hooray!! I had left my gift displayed so Andrea would see it when she woke up!! A one of a kind, custom mini red hat with purple feather made by The Parade Company's costume director & myself!! She LOVED it!! A great addition to Queen Andi's IncREDible wardrobe :)





Then after a fun walk with V (our country anthem) and another amazing meal with my parents, it was time to hit the road and head back to city living!!





I always enjoy my time with my family... there really is nothing like it :) I usually cry when I pull out of their drive way and hit the dirt, but not this time... because all I could do was smile and think of what a great summer in northern Michigan it will be!! 

xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment